Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well.....

.... the weekend went VERY well with potty training! Jack is really doing great! I will have to say that this process makes me a nervous wreck though! I am watching him constantly!!!! However, he is such a big boy! So today is day 5 of our start to real potty training. Jack wore his big boy underwear all day yesterday (except for nap time) and had one accident yesterday morning. He stayed dry the rest of the time! He even stayed dry form 4:30-7:30 last night! The boy can HOLD it! He finally went tee-tee in the potty before bath time! SO proud! We are rewarding dry underwear and going in the potty!
Today we sent him to school in big boy underwear! Now that is scary! But, if we put a pull up on then I am 100% sure he will go in the pull up... so we can't regress! I just called to check on him and they said that they did have to change his underwear but NOT because he had an accident, but because he got some tee-tee on him when he WENT IN THE BATHROOM!!!!!!! Isn't that great?! They really wanted me to know that it was not an accident! I am so proud! Oh I hope the rest of the day goes well! I dont want to lose how hard he worked all weekend!!!!
I am sure more updates to come!

Just a few of the fun things that have happened or been said with potty training.. Jack loves to say " I DID IT! I DID IT!" when he goes! He gets so excited and goes back to look at the potty 10 times before we flush it to see that it's there! He also says, "No tee-tee on Mommy, No tee-tee on Daddy, No tee-tee on floor, No tee-tee on Thomas (he has Thomas underwear), or really anything..he told me yesterday, "No tee-tee on tables, No tee-tee on picture"..hmmmm, at least he gets the point! He also likes to talk about the potty dance (I am assuming this is us jumping around screaming and cheering every time he goes...) He also likes to say "Check 'em" ...this is when he feels his underwear to make sure they are still dry! He tells us, "I a Big Boy! I tee-tee on the potty!"
I can't help loving thinking about him running around naked all weekend... too cute! Just makes it too easy to squeeze his cute buns! And he looks so cute in his big boy underwear!

Continue to wish us luck!

No comments: