Thursday, February 24, 2011

More happenings around the house...

Hello world!

I love to squeal!

Happy girl

Mommy - that is too close! Back up with that camera!

Having our snack outside in the nice weather!

Look at my pretty dress that Granny Floyd sent me!

Hey! I am on my side trying to roll over!

That is NOT how Mommy left you! Lucy turned herself sideways!

It's been a pretty good week here! We are VERY happy to have Daddy back in town! Five days felt like a long time for us! The kids did pretty well and slept well which helped, but I was worn out by the time he got home! Granny was here to keep us company and help out which was so great! Jack got up and was ready to go to school on Tuesday (Wooo hoo! I was very excited about having just Lucy and hopefully some down time), but his eyes were so red! Ughhh...So we went to see Dr G, and sure enough we had pink eye! (Jack looked at me and said, "My eyes aren't PINK!"  Luckily, it went away within a day after using the eye drops and back to school on Wednesday! And it wasnt ever very yucky..just red! No one else in the house got it and I have wiped down and washed everything!
In other news...Jack surprised us tonight after bath by saying the Pledge of Allegiance. He stood up to get his pjs on and put his hand on his heart and started reciting! He learns so much in school...we can't take credit for that one! We love him so much! It was too cute! We had to call Nunno and Poppa so they could hear him! He really does amaze us everyday. We have got to start writing more of it down! Last night he lined up all his matchbox cars.. which he likes to do, but when I looked closer I realized he lined them all up by color! They were actually in order of the rainbow...but I am not going to give him credit for that I dont think.... surely that was just by chance, right?
Other funny Jack sayings lately... when Granny was here we said he could watch a movie after dinner if he was a big boy.  This is when the negotiating started! He said, "How about...we watch it before dinner...What do you think about that?!" (Hands on hips I might add!)
The other thing Jack does (which we need to work on actually) is letting everyone else know what they are doing wrong. He lets us know if someone is not listening or doing something that he isn't allowed to do. It's not the best quality to have right now!  Tonight, he told one of his friends not to swing on his tummy because he might fall down and bump his noggin and hit his chin and his face... I am most impressed that he actually hears and listens to us..that is what we tell him about swinging on his tummy!  However, it's not his place to tell his friends what is right and wrong! :)

In Lucy Bear's world... she is just squealing and smiling at us all the time! Daddy can really get her talking! She wore an outfit I made her for the first time yesterday! I was so happy and she looked cute! I didnt take a picture though (Imagine that?!)  She is also trying to roll over (From her back to her tummy) She is working at it but hasn't gotten all the way over yet. However, she is starting to move! I put her down tonight on her mat, and when I looked back she was sideways..and then had turned herself all the way around with her head going the other way. Geeeez.... I think we might have a mover on our hands!

It's 8:30 and everyone is asleep! Now for some quiet time!
Check out some new pictures!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=238930156903%3A1036103717&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

No comments: