Saturday, September 17, 2011

Telling the truth...

We had a fun morning with soccer picture day (I say it was fun...it was actually complete chaos and took a long time..but the weather was so nice and it was fun just being outside) and then we picked up breakfast to take to the park (I think going to a playground is Jack's favorite thing in the world!) It was such great weather! We got home and as always... we take our shoes off and wash our hands first thing. Jack took off his shoes and ran to the bathroom to tee-tee and wash his hands. He ran out of the bathroom with a big smile on his face (Pure excitement about getting to watch a show that was ready for him) and I asked if he had washed his hands... He said, "No, I didnt..." So I said, "Well, let's go back and get them all clean!"  Jack turned around to head back to wash his hands. He stopped and looked back at me with a big smile and said, "Mommy, I was telling the truth!"
We have been talking to Jack about telling the truth and what that means.  We want him to know how important it is!  I grabbed him and told him I was proud of him! I love that little man! He has such a sweet heart! (He also got a huge hug because after he took his shoes off and put them in the basket, he took his dirty socks off and then took them over to the stairs to go up to be cleaned!) That is MY child! :)

Jack's other favorite phrase these days is....."Hey guys, I've got a plan/idea!"  It usually is some kind of treat for him (for instance "Let's drink some milk and watch a show!" or "How about 3 more bites of vegetables and THEN I get a treat!" or "How about we go play outside?!") He likes to come up with his own plans that benefit him and present them as such a brilliant idea!

HAPPINESS IS.....

...a push up at Poppa and Nunno's

...my blanket and thumb!

....being silly with Poppa!

...reading a book with Poppa!

....BIG SMILES!

...being a star soccer player!

...meeting new friends at soccer!

No comments: