Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Special Day...or DayS.

I am REALLY settling in to my time off. Gracious! It's been amazing and happy! I am so grateful for this time. I still have an anxious feeling about it going by too fast! (Can't completely change who I am I guess?!)
So... let me tell you a little bit about my week! (I don't want to forget about it!)

Monday - my first real day off! I worked out at 5:30 and then ran 7 miles with a friend! Ha! Great start, right?! Shortly after that, the Honda's radiator exploded and we spent the day trying to get the car fixed!
I drank coffee and ran some errands! That evening we all 4 spent time in the front yard decorating for Halloween! Fun new fall plants, spider webs, spiders, lights and some creepy ghost that jumps around when you get near him!!! Then we sat in the backyard while the kids played and roasted s'mores! So happy!!!
Tuesday - Worked out again (yay!) and then came home and sat on the couch with my coffee, in the quiet by myself and watched old episodes of The Office! (Seriously..that's happy! Oh and I forgot to mention I picked up a pumpkin donut on the way home!) I went up to the outlets and got some clothes for Jack (big thing on my list since he has outgrown EVERYTHING) and got new running shoes! **Please note... we have at this point in the week, decorated the yard, installed some landscape lights, gotten Jack new clothes, new shoes for me and replaced the water filter in the fridge (HUGE - drastic change to the water distribution!) Mimi got to town that afternoon to visit! The kids were SOOOO excited she was here! We love when she visits!!!! That evening Steven and I went on a date to celebrate the new job! We had fun cocktails and yummy food!
Wednesday - slept in until 8am!!!! Thank you Mimi and Daddy! I got up and we rearranged the office and then I went on a run! Lucy stayed home with Mimi and they had such a fun time playing together! Elizabeth picked me up and we went to the mall to have my make up done! (Seriously, so fun! I was out of just about everything so I went to Bobbi Brown and had it all done! Then we had lunch together!!) When Jack got off the bus, we played in the backyard for hours!  Mimi, Daddy and I got some good time to just sit and talk! The kids climbed trees, made up games and we roasted s'mores again! We had chili that night for dinner! The weather is amazing!
Thursday (today) - I got up and worked out at 5:30 and then went for a 3 mile run with a friend! I got ready quickly and met some fun friends for a late breakfast, picked up Lucy from school (she HAD to go this morning because she can NOT miss ballet day!) and then we picked up Mimi and headed for a BIG SURPRISE for Lulu!!! We took her to American Girl for the very first time! It was really fun! She looked so beautiful and was beyond excited! She was smiling and looking at everything! She picked out her first doll (Isabelle - who by chance loves DANCE! ha!) and a ballet outfit for her! She got to come with us to eat in the Bistro! Lucy was beside herself! She felt like such a big girl. During lunch she leaned over and hugged me and said, "I love this day!" It was so special to spend time with her like that and to see her so very excited! Special times!
We got home and got Jack off the bus and headed to the cul de sac to ride bikes with Morgan and William! We came home and ate dinner and watched Curious George!

It's been an amazing week and and I happy and thankful for this time! Stay tuned... I am sure there will be more fun..and more money spent! Gracious... my "errands" and catch up seem to be costing money!





















No comments: