Monday, March 7, 2011

Constant....

Something is constantly going on in the day in the life of a 3 (just about...a month to go) year old.  Today, we got up and watched a show while Jack drank his milk (he does this every morning even before school...it's a little down time and he loves it), then we had breakfast (waffles and fresh fruit...he would ask for waffles everyday if we would let him have them), we played with Lucy and then put her down for a nap.  This is the time that Jack and I have some really good one on one time together. We played for two hours. We played the Thomas Memory game three times, we played cars and raced to see what car went the fastest, we played with his stuffed dinosaurs (he has been calling them his "babies" and we hug them and put them to sleep).  We also played catch with a small basketball.  This is where Jack began to instruct me on how to throw, catch, and bounce it. He corrected me several times about the bouncing. He said, "Dont slam it mommy...do like this, see? Just like this!" I listened and said I would try again! He is getting really great at catching and has a very powerful throw! Then we got out his Preschool play book and he loves doing those exercises. Lucy got up and we fed her and played a little more before lunch.  Jack had a ham and cheese sandwich, pretzels, green beans, mandarin oranges and milk.  Lucy joined us in the Bumbo up on the table for lunch. She liked it and occupied her while we ate! We played some more (tried out a new card game..Crazy 8's...it went alright, but I think we will have to work on that one) and all went down for a nap. Both kids have been asleep almost 3 hours. AMAZING, right? I think the "CONSTANT" going the last few days has caught up to them!

I made a comment to Steven a couple of weeks ago that I felt like I wasn't doing enough with Jack (here is the Mommy guilt of the second child... we haven't been on the go as we were before..I also think Winter and the weather didnt help either). I think my exact comment was that we were not "enriching his life enough right now". We should be taking him more places and going to the park, etc. I am also VERY good at finding things to worry about. It's not a good quality and wish I was better at NOT worrying so much...I am sure Steven would agree...most of the conversations start with Steven looking at me and asking, "What is going on in that head over there?" I dont hide it very well.
So, in the last two weeks...Jack has been to the zoo, the circus, the aquarium, a swimming lesson, a playdate, out to paint pottery, and to a birthday party to go bowling...Hmmm, I think we are enriching! It makes me feel less guilty about the fact that we are all still in our pjs today!
Steven also reminded me that Jack goes to school 3 days each week, participates in Fit-Kids sports at school, and Tumblebus each week as extra activities. We are also about to start Music Class again and swimming lessons... he told me that we are "enriched" and to go take a nap!

Lucy holding on to her ring

Happy girl (sitting on the table during lunch)

Learning to bowl for the first time

This is soooo fun!

Cheering for everyone!

Look at this Daddy!

Hmmm. I wonder why Lucy looks so scared! Hahaha!

Big brother!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You guys are definitely providing him enough "enrichment" and trust me when I say this, he will get more "enrichment" from interacting with his baby sister than any where else.