Monday, March 28, 2011

Teeth, the flu, and undies!

First bath together!

Hey Lucy!

Jack asked me to take this picture of him being silly


Leonard Easter craft with footprints!


A little scared at the dentist!


Not quite sure if he liked it, but he did a great job!

Somehow we made it through all of Fall and Winter very healthy! It was such a blessing with Lucy being so small and with us being tired....however, Spring brough the flu to our house! Thursday afternoon I started feeling pretty rough and by Friday morning I felt terrible. I went to an urgent care type place Friday morning after asking Steven to please stay home (I wasn't sure I could watch both kids all day). I had a high fever and she told me that I had the good "old-fashioned" flu. I went home and pretty much stayed in bed most of Friday when I wasn't feeding Lucy. Steven was really great because I was kind of a mess! Luckily it was pretty short lived and the rest of the family stayed happy and healthy! Apparently being run down and nursing is a recipe for disaster with getting sick. After our trip to Savannah, we were pretty worn out and we didn't really slow down all that much. Anyway, I am doing much better! And.... as soon as I was feeling better we had a VERY busy Monday (of course, right?!)
We went to Music Class this morning..both kids are really enjoying it! It is during Lucy's nap time (I originally thought she would sleep..but not the case!) she enjoys it and has not fussed at all during class. Jack is loving it and loves to sing and dance! He seems like the big kid in the class when he use to be the baby (we started Jack going when he was about 4-5 months old).  Then we went to get some stuff for Jack's birthday party (it is coming up so soon!) came home to quickly eat and head back out the door for Jack's 1st dentist appointment. Luckily, a neighbor agreed to keep Lucy! I didnt think I could do it with both of them! WELL...I got to the appointment an hour early! I thought it was at 12:30.......and it was at 1:30! OF COURSE! I can't seem to remember anything these days! I think I am losing it! I will blame two kids and the flu! GEEZ! So back to the neighbors to check on Lucy and burn 30-40 minutes..UGHHH! Anyway, back to the dentist and Jack did pretty well. I would say he did great compared to how I thought it might go! THey were really great there and he let them look and count his teeth. He got to hold a really big mirror and wear sunglasses. He wasn't thrilled about them actually cleaning them. He got upset, but hung in there and they got all the cleaning and exam done! He got a new toothbrush, a sticker and a prize! And he got a new Buzz and Woody puzzle when he got home! It was fun going somewhere just the two of us. It's crazy how fast you forget that it was just the two of us running around a little bit ago. I am so proud of my big boy!
Speaking of big boy...Jack has been in big boy underwear at night for about 3-4 weeks now! no accidents so far! He is doing so great! He was waking up dry most days so we decided to give it a try! He is doing awesome! No pull ups, diapers or anything before he is 3!!!! :) So proud!

Speaking of getting bigger... Miss Lucy is 4 months old today. Can NOT believe that. She is just so much fun! She had a big month! She went to Savannah and met more family, she was Christened, she is still working very hard at rolling over from back to front (She spends most of her time on the floor throwing herself over..just hasn't quite gotten over that arm), she is taking two 2-3 hours naps, sleeping 12 hours at night, sitting in her Bumbo, reaching for and grabbing her toys, laughing out loud, spinning around (sometimes she is facing the other way in the morning when we go get her), she wakes up SO happy in the morning (she talks and squeals until we come get her), her fussy times at night are getting a little better (but we still have some rough dinner times), she took her first bath with big brother, and is continuing to bring us lots of fun times! Sweet sweet girl!

So... another week and here we come!

No comments: