Thursday, June 2, 2011

6 Months!


Lucy Bear is 6 months old! She got a great report from Dr. G today!!! He was thrilled with her and also thinks she is pretty cute! She is 15lbs. 2oz (50%) and 26" long (75%). Those are the same % that Jack has always been! The funny part was that they weighed her and when they got to the room they said she weighed 17lbs 9oz!!!! I couldn't believe it! There is no way she gained that much weight! Luckily, we re-weighed her! I almost fell out the chair! Dr. G said her physical exam is perfect and that she is even ahead of some of her milestones. She can roll and scoot across the room and babbles lots of sounds! He is always impressed with their sleeping (We are too!) A few things about Lucy at 6 months...
Sleeping: She sleeps 12 hours at night (7:30p-7:30a) and takes 2 naps (9:30 and 2:00 - usually 2 hours each)
Eating: She is taking 5 bottles a day (around 6 oz. per bottle) and eats 2 meals a day (Rice cereal in the morning and rice cereal with a veggie at dinner) She sits in her Bumbo right on the table with us each night at dinner! Jack tells her she is doing a good job and she laughs at him! She loves her food and ATTACKS the spoon. It can be a bit messy! I am just about done with nursing. It's a little hard for me but makes it easier that Lucy and I kind of decided together. I just wasn't making very much so my body told me it was time to cut back. It would have been harder if I was making milk and then decided to stop but my body kind of did it for me. It would have been hard to go back to work pumping when I wasn't getting very much and my days can be busy and not always reliable to have a certain time to go. I am ok with it and know that I did my best and gave her all I could for 6 months! She has been a healthy and happy little girl!
Playing: She loves her Exersaucer but really loves just being on the floor. She almost won't lay on her back. She prefers to play on her tummy and move around the room. She loves getting her toys and putting them straight in her mouth! No one can make her laugh as much as Jack. He was pretending to fall off the couch tonight and she just giggled. He also likes to tickle her! She flaps and slams her arms down really hard when she gets excited!
Lucy seems to be getting a little better with the separation anxiety. She had a really great week with her nanny. That makes us so happy! She has been happy and playful and taken her naps! The first morning was a little off but the rest of the week has been good. That makes me relax so much more! Hoping with time she will be just like her brother and smile and wave when we leave! :)
The only other thing about Lucy these days is that she DROOLS ALL THE TIME! Oh, I dont know if I just dont remember Jack drooling this much or she is just excessive! What a mess! I almost feel like I should keep a bib on her all day long! She smiles and blows bubbles and drool all over you!

It's been a really fun 6 months and I can't imagine how much more fun it will be the next 6 months!

Here are a few comparison pictures! Do you know who is who?!


 



 

No comments: