Monday, May 30, 2011

I guess it's that time...

Well, 6 months went by way too quickly. I go back to work tomorrow! We had a very busy..but very FUN time during my maternity leave. I am very thankful to have had the time with Lucy! She is my sweet little girl and I am going to miss seeing her all day every day! It's very bittersweet for me, but I know that we will both do very well! I am proud of our little girl and I know she will be so strong! Wish us luck this week!

Sweet little girl!

How cute are those buns?!

Happy girl!

 
It was an interesting weekend! Filled with good and bad times... Steven left for Charlotte on Thursday. We always miss him when he is away! When I picked Jack up on Thursday afternoon his teacher mentioned that he was not 100% himself that day. After bath I noticed he felt warm and then he was up several times that night. Friday he was pretty pitiful. He would perk up after he had some Motrin and then spike a fever again. After being up again Friday night, we headed to the doctor on Saturday (luckily the office is open on Sat. mornings!) He didnt have any other symptoms besides a fever, so we waited 24 hours before going in.. Well, he had strep throat! That's Jack's first time having it and he had never complained about his throat and was eating so I had no idea! The good news is that it was easy to treat and after about 24 hours of taking his antibiotic he was doing much better! I brought my sick little man home from the doctor and set him up in our bed upstairs to watch a movie and stay quiet (also mainly to keep him away from Lucy) He was so pitiful. It broke my heart to see him not feeling good. Now, on a side note...  Steven and I feel pretty strongly about Jack never sleeping in our bed (just a personal opinion and not a habit we ever want to have, but every family is different) and now I feel even stronger about it. Since Jack got to watch a movie in our bed while he was sick..he has asked the past two days to please get in our bed because it's so "comfy and soft"! Wow, I can't imagine if we had ever let him sleep there..even once! He also LOVED getting to watch that much TV! We were trying to keep him quiet and he did get to watch lots of it! We were back to reality today with the TV, but he has asked 100 times about watching another movie! So anyway... I am even more aware of how quickly a habit can be formed! Anyway .... We were VERY fortunate that Nannie was here for the weekend to help out! She was a big help and spent lots of good time with Lucy while I was taking care of the little man! Thanks so much Nannie! We even got to sneak away Saturday night for a MUCH anticipated James Taylor concert at Chastain. There aren't many things more "Atlanta" than a summer concert at Chastain! It was an amazing show and we had the best time! I was very sad that Steven missed it, but very happy to have such a fun date!

We met up with the Coopers and the concert!

This was a toast to Steven for not being there with us!


The weekend ended really great! Jack was back to himself and we went to the park to feed the ducks, we played in the backyard, grilled out hamburgers and hotdogs, and even made it to the pool this afternoon! Lucy LOVED her first trip to the pool! She splashed herself the whole time! It was a VERY nice Monday just the four of us! 

Nannie and Lucy at the park


Jack feeding the ducks


Lucy playing in the yard while Daddy grilled out


Brother and Sister!


First watermelon of the season!


...and how do you rinse off all that watermelon?! Take your clothes off and run in the sprinkler!

Swimming at the pool!


Lucy splashing!


Daddy and his babies!


Blue eyes!

Check out the rest of our pictures!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=801453769903%3A1256762055&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

No comments: