Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Really LONG Way!

I kept thinking about this post and how it would be all about me.... but that is just not the case! It's about a lot of people!!!

I ran my first half marathon today! October 27, 2012! It is amazing and crazy and I FEEL IT! I have been training for 10 weeks with two fabulous friends! These girls mean so much to me and it's been so great to have someone to do it with! The good times, the hard times...good runs and really tough ones! BUT we did it and we did it together! We crossed the finish line today together!
It was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. It was really hard and my body is hurting! But I am proud! There were times during the race that I thought there was no way I could finish or keep running, but somehow we did!
And what was waiting for me at the finish line made it all worth it!!! My fabulous husband that did so much today to make it super special! My sweet cute kids with shirts that Nunno made that said "Run Mommy Run 13.1" and my fabulous dad! His voice was the one thing I heard right before I crossed the finish line! I also got to hug one of my best friends of all time! RUBY RAN IT TOO! (much faster than me might I add!) It was so great to get to see her and high five her as we passed on the trail! It was a beautiful morning and a gorgeous course!!!!

I feel super loved today! Lots of friends checked in to see how it went and sent lots of love my way!!! I still get all teary every time I think of seeing Wendi standing there screaming with a sign for us during the race! One of the coolest experiences of my life!

I am a lucky girl today!!! (and a very very very very very tired one!)

Pre-race! Fresh looking! Hahaha!

RUBY!!!!

Trying to make it to the finish line!

Awesome ladies!!!

My sweet family!

Proud Dad!

Seriously...how sweet is my husband!

My babies!

3 comments:

Dixie Delights said...

So proud of you! I seriously don't think I could run 13.1 feet. GREAT WORK!!!! xo

Suzanne said...

So proud of you!!! Now come do another with Amanda and I! ;)

Amanda said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
I am so proud of you! And I love Steven's shirt the most!
You'll be the most sore today, but it will be all normal tomorrow!