Monday, April 4, 2011

A thought....

...As I was feeding Lucy tonight, I looked over at my bed side table and saw two bottles of baby lotion, a diaper, and a tube of Desitin... I thought, "When am I going to get this off my table? It's so messy!"...
...Then I thought, "When am I not going to have baby lotion and Desitin on my table...It made me sad. It all just goes so fast. Lucy is already in the Exersaucer (I celebrated the day we got that OUT of our living room..It is so big! And now it is back...), before long she wont be in her bath chair and so many of the little things scattered through the house will slowly disappear. It seems to happen when I am not paying attention. Our baby is going to be THREE this weekend! He is just so grown up, and Lucy is growing so fast too.
We seem to have those conversations about how things will be easier once this or that happens...Then we try to stop and remember that once these times are gone, we wont get them back.
Sooooo... I will enjoy the times like tonight when Jack needed to go potty 3 more times after bath and both of us asking him to PLEASE eat his dinner, and the times in the car when Lucy is screaming and tired..I will enjoy the frustrations of having a toddler and an infant because before we know it.... they will be all grown up and we will be telling stories to eachother about what it was like when they were little....

No comments: