Monday, May 23, 2011

A little adult time...

Steven and I had our first night away from both kids since Lucy was born! It was really wonderful! We headed up to Highlands, NC for the night with Julie and Scott. We always have so much fun and this time was no exception! It was very hard for us (more for me) to leave Lucy for the first time over night. I have only been away from her for a few hours at a time and it was hard to leave for the night.  She did really great with Poppa and Nunno which makes us so happy. Poppa called before we got to Highlands to tell us how she was smiling so big! That made our day and made us relax even more! It's always nice to hear that they are having a good time! And they ALWAYS are going to have a good time with Poppa and Nunno.
We did a lot of eating and shopping! Julie definitely helps me "pull the trigger" as she says with shopping. I am not a big shopper (I am sure most of you are laughing .. I KNOW I KNOW..I need to get better! I am great at buying Steven and the kids things..not so much for myself!) I found a CUTE dress for $15 and CUTE shoes for $18! Now even I couldn't pass that up! I even ended up going back to get that same dress in a different color! Two for $30! It was really nice to have no schedule and just walk around and talk! I think the boys did more walking around eating and drinking! There was no shortage of "free samples"! Everyone had fun! Thank you to Poppa and Nunno for that! It was so great for us!

(YES! That's my $15 dress!)




We got up and headed back to Gville Sunday morning to go to the Murphy Reunion (Dad's side of the family). It was nice to see all the family and Jack loved going to the "Big Rock" to play in the water with his cousins! By the time we got back to Atlanta it was around 4:30 and we were all wiped out. We literally couldnt wake up Jack to eat dinner.  Poor little guy! 





This is my last week of maternity leave... lots of mixed feelings about it, but no matter what it wont be as hard in a few weeks. Once we get back into that routine, I know it will be easier. The anticipation of leaving Lucy is hard.. I know it will get better! I have been so blessed to have such great time with the kids! We have packed LOTS into my time off and will continue to pack in lots on Mondays and Fridays! Today was our last Music Class. Both kids have really enjoyed it! I think it's our 5th session and everyone has been so fun!
Jack starts his new class this week and is excited about being "A Big Kid" in Miss Lauren's class! We will miss Miss Brittany and Miss Zanna! They have been so great!

Jack and Lucy with Miss Kim at Music Class


Lucy covered in drool and rice cereal (she LOVES it!)


Sweet big brother stopped to check on his baby sister


Jack playing Musical Chairs at his "End of Year" party at school (with the ladies!)


Mommy with her babies at Jack's school party


Jack and best bud Andrew with Miss Brittany and Miss Zanna (Andrew is our neighbor! They are best friends!)


Enjoy our new pictures!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=189374249903%3A2021519364&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

No comments: