Sunday, May 8, 2011

One Happy Mom!

It really was a special Mother's Day... can't believe I am a mom of TWO! That just kind of sounds old I think.. I still feel like we are playing house sometimes and the real adults will show up soon! However, they dont show up and we continue on!
My sweet little ones came downstairs this morning in their matching "I LOVE MOM" shirts that Nunno made for them! They looked very cute and Jack was very proud to have it on! Daddy made breakfast for us (Cheese Dreams and cheese grits! My favorite!) while I got to read the paper (which is actually going through all the sales flyers..but I enjoy that!) I got to open my presents in the morning too! I got three differents scents of body lotion and 3 cards (one from each of my angels!) and then Daddy came in with something wrapped in a blanket! I was VERY excited because it looked to be something that might come from "Scottie's Framing"! However, I could NEVER have guessed what was framed behind that blanket................. Steven had an artist sketch the cottage that we stayed in for our honeymoon in Bluffton, SC.  It may not seem like the most elaborate place to stay for a honeymoon but it was our paradise! It was such a special memory and now to have it forever is so special! Poppa did an AWESOME job framing the beautiful drawing! Steven had a plaque put on it that says "ALL MUCH 2005" (All much is what we say about how much we love eachother!) It was very special and very surprising! Way to go Daddy!
We spent the rest of the day playing with neighbors in the pool and slip n slide, playing in our backyard, attempting to take a nap (but the kids had another idea..), and then grilling out on the patio. It was my perfect day! I spent it with my three favorite people at home..I didnt have to go anywhere and I didnt have to put on make up!
Being a mommy is the best thing that I have ever gotten to do. It is the most challenging, the most rewarding, the most exhausting, and the most surprising thing ever. Jack and Lucy wow me everyday. I love them so much it hurts and I am thankful EACH and every day that they are mine. Thank goodness I have my best friend to do it with every day! Thank you for such a special day!

Now...just for a few things that this Mommy is proud of (and before I forget!):

Lucy is laughing all the time now and especially at Jack! She follows him wherever he goes! I can't believe she is that fascinated with everything he does! And she is on the move...she rolls wherever she wants to go....over and over... I think we have our hands full!

A few things that Jack says lately:
"I'm just sittin' here galaxing (relaxing)"
"But I need you...I want to keep you!" (Usually at bed time trying to stall)
"This is Mommy" (He crosses his arms across his chests and pumps up and down pretending to be me pumping or feeding Lucy..who knew he paid attention?!"
"I like to do like this..." (Usually followed by some random gesture or noise)

Jack: "Mommy is my angel."
Daddy: "Well, what is Daddy?"
Jack: "Daddy ...you are my whole world!"

"Loooooooooooo- CILLLLLLE...that's what Daddy says!" (he imitates Steven talking to Lucy)

Check out our new pictures!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=111746398903%3A2019370848&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharer


And this what happens when little girls dont take naps..


Jack reading to Lucy


Aunt Mamie came to visit!


Poppa with a happy Lucy!


Poppa and Nunno with the babies


1st picture of the grandparents with all 5 grandchildren!!!!


Poppa and his babies...all grown up!

Daddy and Lucy!


Jack still loves a slip n slide!


Hot weather! Bring out the pool!


My angels!

No comments: