Monday, May 16, 2011

We got SLOBBERED!

What a FUN day! If you haven't been to the Wild Animal Safari in Pine Mountain..you should add it to your list! It was TRULY WILD!

Sunday, we got up and successfully made it to the 8am church service (after a late night out at BON JOVI and having to pack the family up for the whole day before leaving the house... I wasn't sure we would actually make it! BUT we did!) We really enjoyed the early service and both kids did great in the nursery playing. (So proud of Lucy... I didnt think it would go so well...we have been keeping her with us during the service..which means we dont get much out of the service) We then headed down the road to spend the day with the Coopers..and the animals! Caroline and Jack really had fun, but I think Daddy and Uncle Scott had the most fun! They were in the front of our luxury van. The windows in the front were the perfect size for a HUGE cow/bull/buffalo to fit it's head through! Literally, their heads were in their laps! They were COVERED in drool, slobber, dirt, food, etc! I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes... the pictures will not do it justice! Of course, the fact that we had our 5.5 month old with us on our adventure was pretty scary funny too! Luckily, Lucy was a very good girl and was entertained by our screams and laughter! We fed cows, buffalo, deer, pigs, horses, donkeys, llamas, zebra...and who knows what else! They all come right up to the van (open windows with just a small bar to protect our precious toddler's fingers! Luckily, they had a healthy fear of some of the larger animals. Jack would just say, "NO thank you cow..this is for the deer!")
There was also a part that we could walk and see animals. Most were caged and pretty scary! Lions, tigers, giraffes, bears, hienas (VERY scary looking), baboons, alligators..all kinds of things!


The Adventure team!


Our Safari guides..Jack and Caroline!


I wish this had sound effects (Jack imitating a sheep!)


Feeding the animals!


This giraffe was very nice.. but it also tried to eat Jack's shirt!


Mommy and Jack (notice the cow in the front window with Scott!)


Feeding a llama....seconds before it sneezed RIGHT in his face! Luckily, he thought it was funny!


Backseat fun!


Lucy enjoying all the excitement (from the safety of the center of the van!)


Hello Daddy! Mr. Buffalo got a little close!


The Leonards with the safari van


Our Brave Backseat Toddlers!

It was very exciting! I definitely think it will be something we will try again some day!
Lucy ended the adventure with a VERY dirty diaper (All the way up her back to her neck)...so we were now all literally covered in mess! When we got home...EVERYONE had a bath or shower immediately! Both kids were tired (and both parents), so we got in comfy clothes and watched Peter Pan. Lucy was asleep at 6:15 and Jack was in bed at 7:30! Whew...that much fun is tiring!

On another note...I go back to work in two weeks...it is very bittersweet for me. I am really hurting about leaving Lucy. I have loved my time with her and fall more in love with her everyday. BUT...I am also excited about getting back into work and having some time to be me and do something that I enjoy. I also feel like there were so many things that I didnt get done during my maternity leave. I feel very blessed to have gotten the time home with Lucy and to have some time just us. Our sweet little man is just loving school and about to start a new class! He is excited about it and continues to do so well! I hope that I will remember that Monday and Friday are my time to be with my children and not to catch up on all the other "stuff" there is to do.

Check out all the pictures! There are TWO albums..definitely check out both! Too funny!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=203712029903%3A1699273408&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=813712029903%3A1664595154&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharer

No comments: